Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Opinionated

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Re: Opinionated

^That was actually pretty funny.

The text thing is ok to grow as a writer but what kills me is the texters who make it their goal to be the greatest texter ever... I mean, it's a text message battle... It can be fun to read and all but, kill yourself.

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

I think that cheese is probably the answer to this problem.

As cheese is the answer to all problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaniard View Post
    no. texting only helps you grow as a writer if you have no interest in writing actual songs.

There is nothing that helps you write songs better that actually writing songs. There is no reason you can't write more complex shit to a beat.

every former textcee i've ever heard make the transition to recording has a terrible flow and no concept of riding a beat. Text hurts people. PERIOD, bottom line end of the story. If you like text for what it is, thats fine, but don't convince yourself that it's valuable practice for making songs.
    Maybe not for making "Songs" but it does have value...
    When someone who likes to write participates in a weekly Topical tournament for example.... This can keep them sharp during times when they are feeling slumped or can't think of something to write a song about. I have heard people who do text often and have made a good transition.
    I find it much more efficient to type out my verses now than to write it on paper. I would have never found this had it not been for text message challenges... So it has helped me as an emcee.
    If you find no value in it than that is just what it is but that doesn't mean that others wont.

Battle Record
    6-0

I have typed my lyrics for the longest time, mainly because I am a good typist, but also because of a neatness factor and my handwriting sucks. I still have a notebook but any of the lyrics I ever felt like using are all translated over to a notepad file, so ok thanks text! then again, I don't credit me doing like a few text battles 5 years ago for why I type lyrics lol, and when im tryin to stay sharp in between song writing and battling I just freestyle on FM or to myself or some homies in a cypher to me its much more beneficial than just jotting words down,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

no. texting only helps you grow as a writer if you have no interest in writing actual songs.

There is nothing that helps you write songs better that actually writing songs. There is no reason you can't write more complex shit to a beat.

every former textcee i've ever heard make the transition to recording has a terrible flow and no concept of riding a beat. Text hurts people. PERIOD, bottom line end of the story. If you like text for what it is, thats fine, but don't convince yourself that it's valuable practice for making songs.
    Oh god yes, I've seen it too, text fucked up my delivery, i would just write random shit in text + a punch and still win. Audio is nothing like text.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

You've Earned a Custom Title! KiiD ExClusiivE's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Can't play audio here at work. I did however read your text battle and honestly dude I haven't dropped a text verse in like 4 years so I wouldn't even know how to critique it, or at least in a way that you may be appreciative. With that said, I guess each site is different so one person from one site may say do this, etc etc on other site. Best bet to fit in a specific cite is learn from the top vets at that site. cheerz.

Yeah I see what you mean,,Im new so yeah I figured text is all there is to do besides audio,,but my quality isnt that good,,so I guess I will just vote and post lol
    "You think You nice on a microphone? but get a vest cus da only mic you gettin on is attached to your chest"-KiiD

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDone View Post
    ^That was actually pretty funny.

The text thing is ok to grow as a writer but what kills me is the texters who make it their goal to be the greatest texter ever... I mean, it's a text message battle... It can be fun to read and all but, kill yourself.
    yeah thats what I was just thinking about lol its a mainstream goal for some,,and Im glad that people actually admit that they cant flow,,because some people wont and it kills me
    "You think You nice on a microphone? but get a vest cus da only mic you gettin on is attached to your chest"-KiiD

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

naw thats untrue cuz text can actuallly help the creativity of ur punches and wordplay. tho i think its tooken to far cuz i wrote for audio when i first came n got fuckin ripped by voters for it. so i had to change up my text shit, and change it back for audio but whats fucked is there s a good side n bad side to it.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Jus sayin man, texting and even audio are different worlds apart. Just like a text battle isnt a street battle and etc. Go watch grindtime, my homie Kata from here is a dope audio battler, but he got snuffed in GT because he spit a verse like he recorded it at his house with a read of the notecard mentality.

Lol.. yeah, that made me cringe.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

aha this is a funny thread. LOL @ thinking so less of yourself. You may not be a good battler as of rite now, but just like everything its practise.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

Quote Originally Posted by KiiD ExClusiivE View Post
    Im asking why though? even when provided with audio the results are still the same,,I just hope nobody on this site is trynna become a rapper
    Text battling is different because there is no need for filler. You have 30 mins to a day to write shit.

I figured everyone knew this.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    aha this is a funny thread. LOL @ thinking so less of yourself. You may not be a good battler as of rite now, but just like everything its practise.
    lol i dont but you rite but i prob wont pick it up,,I like flossin better lol

Back at it like an addict Dre Mack Musick's Avatar

my dude u 16, i shud let u hear my shit when i was that age

anyway

changing rhyme scheme - fuck that, basically if ur textceein their sayin make ur shit readable to a 1234 count.....could u imagine read e-40's verse as a textcee, itd be fukin retarted, theyd tell em to change his whole thing up. This is the difference between audio and textin. if i aint heard u spit audio before i dont know how the fuck u say what u say (delivery and shit) doesnt mean its flawed, just needs clarity/finese
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    Hoe'n Ya Life(Diss to -Key-)
    [SOUNDCLICK]9991677[/SOUNDCLICK]
    [YOUTUBE]esNW3doH-0U[/YOUTUBE]
    ---- My Fam ----
    That Guy - That Guy ft. 45th