Showing results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Naruto = lame?

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Re: Naruto = lame?

lmao...Yea, that's it
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

On some serious shit, im a Huge DBZ fan, have seen every episode and i am talking about every single episode of DBZ- GT, missed alot of the original Dragonball but i loved all the ones i watched. Fight wise, by the time DBZ got passed Frieza the fights were repetitive. and the formulas were extremely repetitive.

Naruto always seemed childish to me until I played Ultimate Ninja Storm on the Ps3 and found that there are some cool powers. So I began to watch the anime( in japanese because if you watch it in english you will stick a pencil in your ears) and I was hooked. The first minor arc with Zabuza should be enough to get you hooked, and the fights get so much better after that. Naruto has more of a storyline compared to DBZ( who doesn't though) but it also does what DBZ did best: make you gave a shit about the characters. I hated Naruto because of how he sounded in English, but He is easily the most likeable main character in any animes that I've watched. including Ichigo, Goku, Desert Punk, Spike Spiegel. The problem is the fillers that come in after episode 135... from then... smfh.. but then Shippudden starts.. and Shippudden has been close to Bleach action wise, its just fucking badass and 98% of the episodes are NOT fillers.
    I'd say give it a chance, and start from the beginning, there is no point in trying to get invested in a 400+ episode anime if you do not watch the first episode. Alot is explained in those first episodes.
    In the original, the fights drag on but you'll be entertained, in Shippuden, its just a lot of badassness. Plus the powers are cool, and you'll rarely run into any powers that you wouldnt want.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

I've watched all of Dragonball

DB, DBZ, DBGT, the movies, the specials, and the new DB Kai that's being released in Japan currently....

I've only seen like 10 episodes of Naruto...wasn't appealing...and it did have a childish vibe to it, and the only people that would think DBZ is childish have never read the manga or seen anything but the Funimation versions of the episodes which most on here don't seem to think DBZ is childish so I'd assume they've seen small pieces of DBZ's uncensored awesomeness...which alot of shit gets cut out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    136-1

but I did take a peek at the Naruto manga and it does seem ALOT less childish...so I might read it...but as for the episodes on TV...nah

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

i dunno i can't get past the episodes to go to shippenpudden seems alot of drope shit is going on in that. but naturo better than spike? don't think so.

and smoke what's db kai about? i've seen that around but haven't watched the eps.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    0-2

All animes since DBZ are lame. IMO.

Battle Record
    136-1

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart View Post
    i dunno i can't get past the episodes to go to shippenpudden seems alot of drope shit is going on in that. but naturo better than spike? don't think so.

and smoke what's db kai about? i've seen that around but haven't watched the eps.
    DB Kai isn't really anything different from DBZ

they just took old DBZ episodes, and compacted them and cut out a bunch of filler...so lets say the original Saiyan saga in the DBZ remastered is like 39 episodes...in Kai it's cut down to just 12 or so

the only real cool thing about Kai is the newly animated intro and outtro that was made just for DB: Kai...otherwise nothing great...search it on youtube...DB Kai intro...it's pretty dope animation actually...too bad the only thing DB related that looks like that is that new special that Jump magazine released awhile back...but that's only because that's the newest DB anything in like 10 years or so...

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

DB sucks ass

[YOUTUBE]9QCvMp0rSxU[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    7-15

Quote Originally Posted by SmokaJoka View Post
    DB Kai isn't really anything different from DBZ

they just took old DBZ episodes, and compacted them and cut out a bunch of filler...so lets say the original Saiyan saga in the DBZ remastered is like 39 episodes...in Kai it's cut down to just 12 or so

the only real cool thing about Kai is the newly animated intro and outtro that was made just for DB: Kai...otherwise nothing great...search it on youtube...DB Kai intro...it's pretty dope animation actually...too bad the only thing DB related that looks like that is that new special that Jump magazine released awhile back...but that's only because that's the newest DB anything in like 10 years or so...
    yeah the shit with Vegeta's little brother coming and all that. SMH.. i was entertained but just disappointed.

Im not gonna say DB is childish but its predictable down to a T how a fight goes off. With the exception of the Cell Saga. And GT being such a shitty anime emphasized it worse that DBZ/GT were fill in the blank plots. Atleast with Naruto while the story is typical anime crap, the story is alot deeper and its not so black and white. And the characters are just as deep as the DB characters to me, maybe not as awesome but they are deep and i did end up caring about alot of characters. Once again DBZ was the anime that got me into anime's and maybe its GT's fucking it up for me, but I wouldnt be able to argue and convince someone that its better than Naruto, and this is from a huge fan, I would say that if you like animes you have to give it a chance, its not the best anime in the world but its pretty fucking good.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

Battle Record
    7-15

and fucking ninjas!
    Hence Forward.. BURR!