User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bhangra

Bhangra

Bhangra (Punjabi: ਭੰਗੜਾ بھنگڑا, IPA: [pə̀ŋgɽäː]) is a lively form of music and dance that originated in the Punjab region.

Originating in the region of Punjab in South Asia, Bhangra began as a folk dance done by farmers. Bhangra commemorated the coming of the Spring and marked the birth of the new harvest, a time known as Baisakhi. Bhangra ushered in a new beginning, a rebirth of the Earth, a means for farmers and the common people of Northern India to salute the new season. Today, Bhangra survives in different forms and styles all over the globe. In fact, Bhangra has been hailed by many as the world’s fastest growing dance and musical form. Today, bhangra is celebrated everywhere by people of all ages and races – from the radio, to pop music, and even to collegiate competitions. As Bhangra continues to engrain itself into mainstream culture, we strive to maintain its traditionality while at the same time embracing its evolution as an art form.

Imma post a few songs that i actually like and bump in the V sometimes..If you dont like one just skip it and go the next one...give them a chance you never know what you might like..man i got friends of all ethnicitys who listen to Bhangra now.

Jazzy B
    [YOUTUBE]ayxM9q0bjbQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0j-aJoqN_2I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ig4PSKQfgBw[/YOUTUBE]

Sukshinder Shinda
    [YOUTUBE]grhfCKqufMM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Clme6aW4KXQ[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Bhangra

Just a few vids from the Biggie and Tupac of Punjab.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

I wouldn't go that far to call them biggie and tupac of bhangra.....surjit bhindrakhia was better than Jazzy B, yup.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Quote Originally Posted by Baron P. Macto View Post
    I wouldn't go that far to call them biggie and tupac of bhangra.....surjit bhindrakhia was better than Jazzy B, yup.
    not really...anywhoo that nigga was an alcoholic who met his fate...i seen the video of where they burned his body in india..shit was pretty sad this niggas wife was goin crazy.

also feel free to add your own songs to this thread.

LMao guess me and Baron the only ones who ever gonna get this thread lol

Do the migraine skank... White-Winter's Avatar
    Battle Record
    9-5

rdb is better...banghra has lost its touched with the same basic beat to most of its songs....bollywood is better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Brandon Heat
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you really are the dumbest motherfucker ever...
    I swear to god if I ever... EVER met you in life I'm beating the fuck out of you.

Meta.Convicts

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

not much of an RDB fan, they were good at first but then kinda flopped lol....anyhow, B21 used to be dope to.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Do the migraine skank... White-Winter's Avatar
    Battle Record
    9-5

true...but now its about atif islam...he is tooo sick

Originally Posted by Brandon Heat
    you really are the dumbest motherfucker ever...
    I swear to god if I ever... EVER met you in life I'm beating the fuck out of you.

Meta.Convicts

Battle Record
    3-2

I love Bhangra...
    Check this out - starts off as Michael Jackson I know but check out the full thing
    [YOUTUBE]PdEw8xnsZDI[/YOUTUBE]

Fucking dope