User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 17 of 17

Thread: this one is actually cool...

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Re: this one is actually cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    can I put my name on it? lol
    ill put it on for you, you just want, Paranoid?

Battle Record
    1-0

Re: this one is actually cool...

I like what you tried to do with the border but i reckon you didn't actually mean to achieve the effect i like; it's got depth because of the 'shading' that the brushing creates and the colour contrast with the actual image only adds to it. Like i said though, it looks like you did that on accident but it might be a good idea to work with in the future, take that as a hint and start developing your own style. It looks like you're ready to move on, i think you tried way too hard with the smudging - it downgrades the sig as a whole. And another thing, if you sample the blue from the master chief then make sure it's a mid tone. Selecting a highlight blue will make it an entirely different blue, and now your colouring looks slightly random and i can tell instantly that he's not supposed to be there. Try using colour opposites, anybody that had an art class in nursery should know about the colour wheel. Orange - blue, green - red, etc. If you study your colouring well enough then you'll be able to work out combinations and 'amounts' of colour that will move your work to a whole new level.

The reason i'm talking about both of those things is because in this sig it looks like you're struggling to settle on a style, and i think you're leaning heavily into a busy, colourful and attractive style rather than dark and mysterious as seems to be the trend again recently. If you want my advice, go for colours. Check out colourlovers.com (spelling might be off) and just browse through there, it offers loads of little schemes that you will probably draw some pretty interesting moods and ideas from.

Drop some comments on a work-in-progress i'm posting up any second now, thanks, keep it up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[Po'Ethics][Written Voices]