User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: What's up with the current Pc / HOF system?

You've Earned a Custom Title! Donald Trump's Avatar
    Battle Record
    162-14
    Awards 150+ Wins FL Tournament Winner PC HOF FL Champion

Re: What's up with the current Pc / HOF system?

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Elite View Post
    PC currently doesn't require links to post. Feedback is slow, but I actually like knowing that people have left feedback because they wanted to and not because they had to.

With what you said about FL, i think the major difference is the FL win medals are based simply on numbers. Anyone can get that if they just battle enough... the subjectivity you mentioned is lost. At the end of the day, somebody has to decide what gets into PC HoF and you're right, sometimes people are gonna post great pieces and be overlooked due to the panels personal preference. It's not fair, but it's life - And I don't know if their is a fairer way to do it... Especially when, as Mimic said, activity is so low. Out of curiosity, Suge, What were your previous Aliases? Judging by your post count and join date I feel I should know who you are but i've been inactive for about 6 years...
    Yeah I agree with you. I just think it's funny how there's two completely different sides to this site. Text and poetry lol. I'll be making an effort to drop feed on pieces everyday. It sucks for these dudes who spend time writing, sometimes posting deep personal pieces for little to no feed. And just wanna draw attention to it. I was thinking of doing site wide mags too since ill have free time. Where I do like a PC May and have top 3 drops of the week, best metaphors etc. pretty much a text battle mag for that side of the site. I'm sure it'll get slept on as well but it won't hurt to try. I'm taytay btw

Battle Record
    54-9
    Awards PC HOF FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

TayTay definitely rings a bell! I remember you now. That's a cool idea man. I came back a week or 2 ago and I plan to spend most of my time in PC so if you need a hand with anything to help build activity over there let me know.

Battle Record
    162-14

@Fresh do you have the ability to create medals? I was thinking of a badge for someone who gave the most feedback. @Ctrl Alt Elite or like a contest where whoever gives the most feedback on a single week can select1 of their pieces to get a heavy breakdown from you me and other volunteers

Battle Record
    54-9
    Awards PC HOF FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

Not sure how feasible a badge for most feedback is, but the second idea could work. To be honest, the best thing in my opinion is probably just to lead by example. I'm trying to do that at the moment with feedback in PC. It only takes one or two people giving great feedback for writers to feel valued and come back. Emily leaves fantastic feedback, I try to do full breakdowns whenever i'm not on my phone... and if you start showing up that should be a good start to getting PC feedback on track.

Battle Record
    162-14

Ok, I'm with it. Later today I'll start. Let's see how this turns out.

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Suge Knight View Post
    What makes you so qualified tho?
    let me flip that argument, who are you to decide who is qualified and who's not to be on a panel.

there are judges in boxing that have never fought themselves. . yet, they are still qualified to judge a fight based on certain criteria.

soooooooo............
    Last edited by Nohbody; June 17th, 2016 at 11:01 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

For those who don't know, apparently if you want to nominate something for the hall of fame, This elite group of RB members meet in a password protected forum (lmao) and have a "discussion" then either vote yes or no. This isn't American idol. If I wanna nominate something for the hall of fame it shouLdnt be ultimately decided by some random dudes who probably didn't even read the piece. That is all. Good day
    the people who vote do read and the panel is made up of knowledgeable experienced people. The fuck you even complaining for you've been ghost for ever n come back bitching about the way we do things lol get the fuck outta here.

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

@Fresh do you have the ability to create medals? I was thinking of a badge for someone who gave the most feedback. @Ctrl Alt Elite or like a contest where whoever gives the most feedback on a single week can select1 of their pieces to get a heavy breakdown from you me and other volunteers
    no I don't make medals that'd be ILLunatic

n we have a member of the month award which part of the criteria for that is leaving feed and being active.

Battle Record
    0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    the people who vote do read and the panel is made up of "knowledgeable" experienced people. The fuck you even complaining for you've been ghost for ever n come back bitching about the way we do things lol get the fuck outta here.
    From my time seeing how votes go, very few are knowledgable as much as they are fed a questionable graph of what to dictate judgement on. Seems most "Hall of Fame" poems are just a dude crying about some hypothetical made-up experience.
    Before, I was merely The Ultimate Hero and the only true champion. Now, some group of kiddos named AI has accepted me as their idol to be worshiped and revered. But I can still be your hero too.

Battle Record
    96-70

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Elmsby View Post
    From my time seeing how votes go, very few are knowledgable as much as they are fed a questionable graph of what to dictate judgement on. Seems most "Hall of Fame" poems are just a dude crying about some hypothetical made-up experience.
    you've had access to places where votes and feed take place for about 1 day in the last cpl years lol

Battle Record
    0-1

Because they were intimidated by the fact I'm not a sad lonely homotextual. Especially Killing Spree, he bursts into tears when he sees "Mr Elmsby" on the online users section.
    Before, I was merely The Ultimate Hero and the only true champion. Now, some group of kiddos named AI has accepted me as their idol to be worshiped and revered. But I can still be your hero too.

Battle Record
    22-22
    Awards GBL Champion FL Champion

niggas need online achievements to feel some sort of purpose in life? or to feel accomplished?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    162-14

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Elmsby View Post
    Because they were intimidated by the fact I'm not a sad lonely homotextual. Especially Killing Spree, he bursts into tears when he sees "Mr Elmsby" on the online users section.
    I know what you mean. The funny thing is if you acted the same way yet were an average text battler you'd have access to all the same places you currently don't lol "but it's a rap website" who cares? 60% of dudes on here don't even rap. They just come to chill. But whenever they find someone who they don't like or intimidates them suddenly you have to be signed by a label to have view the forum

Battle Record
    96-70

I know what you mean. The funny thing is if you acted the same way yet were an average text battler you'd have access to all the same places you currently don't lol "but it's a rap website" who cares? 60% of dudes on here don't even rap. They just come to chill. But whenever they find someone who they don't like or intimidates them suddenly you have to be signed by a label to have view the forum
    no tgf trolls way to often and drives activity in said sections way down. Label to view the forum lol

Battle Record
    96-70

Quote Originally Posted by Notti View Post
    niggas need online achievements to feel some sort of purpose in life? or to feel accomplished?
    gettin an accomp for winning a rap battle tournament is no different than getting a trophy for winning a hockey tournament