User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Oatmeal (Topical)

Soule
    Last edited by Soule; August 8th, 2014 at 09:25 AM

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Re: Oatmeal (Text/Topical)

probably worth mentioning that in addition to the legends battle he was nom'd like 3 times.
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Voting will still be public...

Vote up @God of War @JuiceBox Bandit @XM @King @Nahlidge @Pair-A-Dyce @Mantra @it's Moist @Wordz AhGod.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

I vote yes, his accomps are across the board in different platforms and are well above simply champing a league or two.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

I say with a big tourney win or another legendary piece other than the battle he would get a yes for me. To further justify what I mean. He's only won 1 GG while King won 4 of them and has a bigger list of accomplishments.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

I mean you have to also take into account that he came in 2010 around the time when the majority of the heavy hitters in topical and poetry were gone. he is a good writer but we haven't really been able to see him against the sites best, and I'm not sure what he brings to OM is unique and perfected enough to negate that fact.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    7-0
    Awards Haiku Season Champion PC HOF

I like Oats, but I don't think he's quite as accomplished as our other Legendary writers. No, for now.

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

really the only knock against Oatmeal is the lack of a long list of a accomps.

when he was active in SS, he had a legendary battle with token, and AT LEAST one other nom'd (against Black). i'm pretty sure there was a third but i'd have to go find it.

that being said, anyone who's been around RB a while knows that legend noms are far and few between. so for someone to get nom'd 2 or 3 times in a short period, and actually get one voted in on top of that, is quite an accomplishment. i think that if he had 2 get in, or all 3, this would be an auto yes from everyone, so the noms have to be considered imo.

second big factor for oat imo is the live success he's had. i've seen him do very well (win maybe) in slam competitions with pieces he dropped on this site first, and for someone to take their work off the site and have real world success with it means more than any RB accomp tbh.

I vote IN
    The Last Level

Re: Oatmeal (Topical)

i would say no for topical. text is on you guys.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    7-1

I'm going to read through all the links posted on this one also. I will post my thoughts once I have finished.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

I believe i like oats work from what i have read. I dont know if my opinion is even valid. I mean i have participated in the LLL, but other than that, i never really won too many before i gave that up and picked up the microphone. I do like to and have a good idea what im doing. But i dont know if good is good enough when youre judging some of the best the site may have to offer.

That said, i will have a read through the links and come back with an edit later on.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

I've been at this site something like 10+ years and think I'm respected enough across multiple boards for my opinion to hold some weight in this field -

Oats should be inducted.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards OM WOTM SS HOF SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins

I'm on the fence...
    [youtube]99ns8n2S40g[/youtube]

Battle Record
    7-1

I'm going to readily admit, topical writing is not the least bit interesting to me. I started reading a couple links and I got bored. Not to discredit any skill it contained. From a catalogue standpoint though what was provided doesn't seem like enough to call "legendary".

Vote no

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

Just a question - why are only my topical accomplishments being considered? If someone excelled in multiple areas, why categorize them in only one?