User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: never retreat

Hoodlums
    Battle Record
    0-1

never retreat

[SC]http://soundcloud.com/frewilly/never-retreat[/SC]

I loved this sample as soon as I heard it. Jus' got that powerful feel like never give up sorta shit.

links:
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...596/index.html

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...ml#post8250779
    Last edited by J-min; September 13th, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Re: never retreat

This is powerful man !!!!!

the sample is dope man i love the drums real jedi style fo sho man ...

deffo one of my favs from you man reall smooth and EPIC!!!
    Youtube - JMIN SCHOBS
    Spotify - JMIN SCHOBS
    AMAZON - JMIN SCHOBS
    AppleMusic - JMIN MUSIC
    Ect...... JMIN SCHOBS

Youtube - JMIN SCHOBS
    Spotify - JMIN SCHOBS
    AMAZON - JMIN SCHOBS
    AppleMusic - JMIN MUSIC
    Ect...... JMIN SCHOBS

Gothic III! Nice idea man! I wanna this beat! Really!!!! MAAAAN! PLEASE!!!! ITS DOPEEEE!!!!!! HOLLY FUCK!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ^

You've Earned a Custom Title! Dope Antelope's Avatar

I wasnt a fan of this too much, some of it felt outta place. And it wasnt reallly in tune that much (even if u were going for that sound) it didnt come off too great IMO.

I think the hook is decent, but the beat itself is really empty, its just ur sample with drums, id like to hear more instruments, few synths might make it more powerful, and the drums itself are pretty generic in a sense that, theyre so repetitive you should try and switch them.
    Thats my 100% honest feed.

Hoodlums
    Battle Record
    0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dope Antelope View Post
    I wasnt a fan of this too much, some of it felt outta place. And it wasnt reallly in tune that much (even if u were going for that sound) it didnt come off too great IMO.

I think the hook is decent, but the beat itself is really empty, its just ur sample with drums, id like to hear more instruments, few synths might make it more powerful, and the drums itself are pretty generic in a sense that, theyre so repetitive you should try and switch them.
    Thats my 100% honest feed.
    Thanks for this bro, negative feedbacks just as good really.

Although I don't use instruments and synths on any beat I can kinda see where you're coming from. The drums do switch a few times in there haha.

You should incorporate all of your own styles n creativity into any sample, sometimes you'll ahve a soul sample that dont NEED more instruments cuz the sample itself carries a ton, so you filter n isolate n make the instruments a little powerful

but for samples like this you should incorporate you own stuff, a simple bassline, a few shakers n maybe 2-3 key hits at the end of each 4 bars would do wonders for a beat like this

Hoodlums
    Battle Record
    0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dope Antelope View Post
    You should incorporate all of your own styles n creativity into any sample, sometimes you'll ahve a soul sample that dont NEED more instruments cuz the sample itself carries a ton, so you filter n isolate n make the instruments a little powerful

but for samples like this you should incorporate you own stuff, a simple bassline, a few shakers n maybe 2-3 key hits at the end of each 4 bars would do wonders for a beat like this
    Lol, my creativity and styles are put to use whilst finding the samples, and chopping them up haha.

Thanks for the feed though man, I'll take it into account, Although my main aim is to make music to my own ears liking, I'll maybe try a lil' bit harder to add more instruments to fill beats out.

that's how i started out, for my own ears. But you realize how much ur missing out when u add more to it. Everybody finds unique samples

the difference between finding a sample, chopping and making it ur own with ur own touch

or finding a sample, cutting a loop, flipping that loop n adding drums.

I'm just saying, your way of doing it seems lazy to me, and shit its ur own way so do it your way. But i can only say it like this cuz isee u got potential to be better.

I used to just sampled n cut shit n say thats my creative touch too, but when u discover how to make a beat from 40% to 110% dopeness with a bit of effort with vsts n such, the outcomes are more rewarding.

anyway, keep making beats.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

i somewhat agree with dope antilope, although i don't think you'd need to put much more in the beat to make it better. it's already tight the way it is because of the powerful sample you got there. i mean, it's easy for me to say "put more shit in there" without really knowing what you'd need to add...but then again i'm not a produced.

Battle Record
    14-12

I think its a nice, epic beat. Damn...you did a really good job on this one.
    Take a Look at my Life

Hoodlums
    Battle Record
    0-1

Thanks guys, some real good feed on here!

Battle Record
    61-50
    Awards 50+ Wins

This is dope man...I could definitely imagine myself spitting some lyrics on this type of beat. The kicks are cool and the sample definitely adds a cool touch to the beat. Good job man!