Showing results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Deskspace for equipment

Battle Record
    3-2

Deskspace for equipment

____ MONITOR
    \___CONTROLLER & interface
    \____KEYBOARD & mouse

Thats what I want... I basicly want a desk made for moving music equipment about on rather than a standard computer desk. or because this is in the corner I might be looking to have my keyboard on 1 side and the controller on the other ie.
    - - TOR KEYBOARD
    - NI
    MO

C
    O
    N
    T
    R
    O
    L
    L
    E
    R

basicly so I can swivvel roud to their when needed

The 1 I have isnt ideal because its too high for most standard computer & office chairs and its only like 90cm out from the wall - meaning I can barely fit a monitor, controller & keyboard on it. I can manage 2m on 1 side of the corner and 1.3m on the other side (radiator in the way)

What should I do?
    rip this out and get a computer desk sort of customised?
    OR
    build around the 1 I already have?

[ILL ADD PICS IN A SEC]
    Last edited by Paze; May 26th, 2008 at 03:29 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Deskspace for equipment

I'm buying an Argosy Dual 15 workstation within the month. It's expensive but I can't find anything close to its design. It fits all my gear with plenty of rack space to add more. They have these at school with a mixer in the right rack, midi gear and interface in the left, 2 monitors, mackie universal control, and MPC on the shelf, computer keyboard on the bars, and full sized midi keyboard in front. They also make rack n rolls that can slide under either side of the desk.

http://www.argosyconsole.com/

I'm getting the botom one but with only 2 rack spaces on the top. Those tall racks would make the monitors sit too high.

Battle Record
    3-2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Thanks Opey... Im checkin them out now
    But atm all I want just now is to hold:
    2 monitors (getting another soon)
    keyboard
    61key controller
    mouse
    1/2 interfaces
    and my tower beneath them all

I wont be using racks for a while

Battle Record
    5-3

the one we work with in the studio is custom made for the 02r's we work with.
    we did some more modifications when we got it in there... we lowered the top of it down so the monitors wouldnt sit too high.

we already have like a 20U rack stand, so we didnt need to add rack space in the desk.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Argosy makes some sick stuff for the 02R.

I like this one...

Battle Record
    3-2

Back to the land of not being able to afford shit... erm
    I was gona get a shelf for my monitors (screes) to sit on. I need something with a regular pull-out desk keyboard shelf but not on a desk - 1 that I can put under this

Battle Record
    3-2

Btw is there anywhere I could buy a mousemat surface thing that would go onto the arm of my chair? It might sound stupid but with a wireless mouse it would be ideal for me... and practical. If not Ima make 1 lol

Battle Record
    3-2

This is what Ive come up with with the layout of my room...

Red is my screen
    Blue will be where my monitors are (probably on the wall)
    Orange is my interface
    Pink is my controller
    Green is my qwerty keyboard

The other shit is stuff I need to have in my room... on the bottom theres 2 window which I can exactly get rid of but Im taking away a table that used to be next to them so I can move my bed (big grey thing) closer to the closet door (bottom left) and the stuff on the right is wardrobes and storage things. Top right is the entrance to my room. I plan to treat my room - mainly this wall with curtains and some other stuff

Good idea?

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

not gonna have a booth there somewhere

(new track daily)

Battle Record
    3-2

My booth is upstairs which is fine cause all I need to do is take up my laptop... I have an interface up there and I get the recordings done.
    Its actually directly above the workstation part of my room so I might see about getting a few holes made to feed down a few XLR cables to my main workstation.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

wow. your room is fucked. worst studio layout ever lol

Don't waste your money on sound treatment. That room layout will never be a proper place to mix music. You couldn't even fit an Argosy desk in there lmao. I thought you had a proper little project studio setup. You're tryin to make a tiny bedroom double as a studio. Not gonna happen lol

At the very least you need to lose those dressers and use only 1 desk. Put your keyboard on a stand in front of the desk. Ditch the bed. get a futon or a couch. put that against the wall with the windows. put the desk facing the parallel wall. Then you can think about acoustic treatment. Treating that room the way it's setup isn't gonna do shit.

And you can put up a couple moving blankets over the windows and get heavy curtains to cover it up.

Battle Record
    3-2

I can move 1 wardrobe and put my bed against the closet door.
    I want my controller infront of me infact - where the querty keyboard is and Ill probably have the querty keyboard somewhere over to the side.
    And I know I can get the reverb time to about 0.4s in this part of the room and split my room with pannel which will be suficient enough to call this a control room

Battle Record
    3-2

and I dont have control over any other room in my house. I used a room upstairs but the rooms been filled up with junk. I complained then realised I cant complain - it isnt my house. So atm I have a bedroom which I need to use as my production studio too which is good enough for me.
    I dont have mega money to spend because Im a 17 year-old student who makes $80 a week from beats and $90 a week from 8 hours work. Most of that money has to pay for me havin a social life, college shit etc. and I save parts of it when I can. Im not a multi-millionaire super producer like you (lmao)

Battle Record
    3-2

Ok fuck it... Im making a sort of seperate room inside my room. Its small = smaller area to treat and I know what sort of meterials Im treating it with

Red is my screen
    Blue will be where my monitors are (probably on the wall)
    Black is the stands for my monitors (coming slightly out from the wall - enough room for bass traps)
    Brown is bass traps
    Orange is my interface
    Pink is my controller
    Green is my qwerty keyboard
    Yellow is acoustic slabs with mouted acoustic tiles
    Orange is acoustic tiles mounted on the wall
    Purple is my chair

This is probably ideal... Ill need to think of a way of getting a door in though lol. Ive done a quick RT60 with these materials and itll give me a reverb time of 0.2s without even treating the floor or ceiling!!
    Last edited by Paze; May 27th, 2008 at 08:45 AM